Greetings from Islay jogscotland!
What is jogscotland?
jogscotland is a partnership funded and supported by Scottish Athletics, NHS Health Scotland, sportscotland and the Scottish Government. The main aim is to improve the health of the nation by increasing opportunities for all sections of the community to become and stay physically active.
The jogscotland group on Islay is run by volunteers and meets every Tuesday night at 6.15pm at the Columba Hall, Port Ellen. We are always happy to welcome new members, so don't be shy - come along and join in the fun. Whether you're a seasoned runner or a complete beginner, there's a place for you and a warm welcome at jogscotland. Just visiting Islay? We'll be pleased to have your company while you're here.
- To provide a safe walking/jogging environment at the right level for everybody.
- To encourage people to be better - in all aspects of life.
- To encourage people to walk and run outwith the group, too.
- To develop the fitness and skill of all members.
- To ensure good sportsmanship.
The Islay jogscotland team consists of:
- Jim Lutomski - Advanced Jog Leader
- Lynsey McLellan - Jog Leader & Treasurer
- Caroline Morris - Team Captain & Secretary
- Gordon McLellan - Chairman
Unfortunately, the jogscotland team are all more interested in running than in administration. As a result, this Web site may not be as up-to-date as we would like. If you spot any deficiencies or missing information, please contact us.